Thursday, February 13, 2014

What happened to my Asteroid? Section 13:


“What about the miners?” Sam scowled “They are going to start sending data back to their bases and speculating, and all that stuff.  The public might just panic over this.”

“That is where I come in.” Gwen tried to look reassuring “I have been working on operations to prepare the public for discovering real evidence of alien life.  We expect a small amount of panic for a short time, but it should be manageable.  I am here to control the information flow back to Earth, and to provide some … perspective on it when needed.”

“You didn’t think our personnel could handle it?” Kim was obviously irritated.

“It wasn’t my decision.  I don’t even know how high up that was made but I’m fairly certain it didn’t make it to the president.”  Gwen softened “I didn’t ask for it, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.”  She shrugged.

“And just exactly whose bed was that?” Sam poked sharply.

“Zing!” Gwen turned to look at her, with daggers in her eyes “I guess I deserve that at some level.” She grumbled out.

“So what are you going to need from the station in addition to this lab?”  The commander was all business.

“I’ll need a station in ops, a couple of probes, and authority over communications.”  Gwen was back to command stature “Are my bags in my quarters yet?  I need to get out of this dress uniform, these things itch.”

“I verified they were delivered just before I came down here.”  Kim turned toward the door “Come on, I’ll show you to your quarters.”

“Are you going to help me get settled?” Gwen pushed off toward the door “It’s been a long trip…” She stated in a sultry voice.

“Some other time, I have to oversee the launch operations.” The commander was not amused.

The two floated out the door closing it behind them.

“Well at least she is familiar with all the players.” Sam shrugged.

“I’m not sure that is a good thing in this case.” Tim grumbled.

Previous    Next

No comments: