Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What happened to my Asteroid? Section 19:


Commander Dickerson was now extremely agitated.  “Get me the direct channel to transport 6!”  She belted out.

“On now, Ma’am” Lt. Brown stated smartly.  He knew this was not the time for a clever quip.

“Gwen, just what the hell do you think you are doing?” her voice could have frightened most small animals.

“Hello, Kimmie.” Her voice was light and fluffy “It took you long enough to figure out it was me.”

“Don’t get cute, Captain.”  She was calmed down and straight professional now “First off I’ll see you are courts marshalled for stealing a transport, but more importantly you are going to crash into that asteroid hard if you don’t start braking immediately.”

“Threatening a superior officer is not wise, commander.”  The captain warned “I have my orders.  A copy was sent to Captain Calhoun although I don’t know if he has read them yet.  And I am following a specific flight plan.  Braking will start shortly.  So keep tracking me and focus on the surface of the asteroid.”

“We’re paying very close attention to you already.” The commander was forcing herself to be purely professional “And I’ll refrain from judgment until I see a copy of those orders.”

“Suit yourself.  Just pay attention to the asteroid.  Things are going to start happening very quickly now.”

The commander looked around the compartment “Did I tell anyone I didn’t like the smell of this mission?” It was a rhetorical question.

“Yes, Ma’am.” Lt. Xi responded.

“You told us all.” Lt. Brown completed.

The intercom lit up “T-Ops, Bridge.  Commander Dickerson needs to report to Lab 4 immediately.”

“Aye, Bridge.” The commander responded.  She quickly unbuckled and launched herself toward the door.  “Lt. Aiko, take control of Ops, I’ll be in Lab 4.”

“Aye, Ma’am”

Previous    Next
Beginning of Story

No comments: